There are many key numbers you should be tracking in your business every day, week, month and year. Today we talk about just 3 key numbers related to lawn care marketing.
There are many other numbers lawn care business owners should be tracking on a monthly, weekly, daily basis but those are the key ones related to marketing.
Cost per sale
• This includes your customer acquisition cost. How much does it cost to acquire a new client via different marketing methods you are implementing?
• How much is a new client spending?
• If you are acquiring new clients worth $7000 over 2 or 3 years spending $50-$100+ per client in time and advertising costs is a no brainer. In fact, it’s a 70X return on your investment.
• When you monitor this, you can reinvest more in the marketing strategies with the highest return on investment.
Close rate – percentage of leads closed?
• Why aren’t they closing?
• You should be closing 70-80%
• You might need to Learn to sell.
• You probably have a marketing, branding image problem.
• You don’t look like your worth what you want to be paid.
• Maybe you aren’t following up or answering your phone
• Log all calls and outcome. Then tweak what you are doing to close more
Profit Margin Per Job
• Raise prices or fire low profit clients and refer them to someone else.
• Geographic pockets of these high profit clients? Goal: dominate those neighborhoods.
• 10% average profit margin across the board means you are on the verge of going out of business if any problems occur.
Make it happen!